Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Resurrection of the Pocket Square


    I frequently watch old black and white movies; not just for the appreciation of the classics, but often to see how style has been resurrected or has evolved. Recently, I had a conversation with one of my friends discussing the correct way to wear pocket squares. I know some of you may call them handkerchiefs, but in my opinion handkerchiefs are used to only blow your nose with or wipe sweat with. But back to the topic at hand; in watching some of those old movies I noticed that men always had a pocket square in the upper left breast pocket of their suit jackets at all times. The only issue is they were always white. Clark Gable was one of the best during the 1930’s; he always had one in place on and off the camera; formal and causal.


 Fellas, adding a pocket square to you suit or sport jacket ensembles always adds flare and class, whether it is formal or casual; tie or no-tie. The only difference between now and the 1930’s is that there are more patterns and colors available to spice up outfits.  To me it’s a fashion must. And guys figure out the way you want to insert your pocket square to fit your image there is no wrong way. The best I've seen currently in tucking the pocket square is Nick Cannon. Maybe his weekly allowance is spent on pocket squares. Whatever it maybe, he get my props. Until next week, Stay Style Connected!

                     
Tucking pocket square variations









For more style tips go to:
www.facebook.com/Mens Style Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment